Monday, March 9, 2015

Coffee Needs Coffee

I do apologize for not keeping better records, last week.  The truth is, we didn't do a lot of cooking; what we did cook, was something we'd purchased preassembled or preseasoned, so there wasn't anything mine to throw in.

But, I have been making smoothies and trying out different recipes.  I got a new blender.  It's a very nice blender, for my purposes.  I also got an attachment that allows me to make single-serve smoothies.  I've been digging smoothie-making.  I haven't made anything, yet, that has wowed my taste buds, though.  In fact, I did quite the opposite.

Today's one of those days.

I can tell because I didn't sleep well last night, I was running the air conditioner in the bedroom and not cooling down, and my coffee needed coffee.

My husband and I put together a bunch of baggies of, essentially, salads for me to blend together.  On the baggies, I would write what was in them and what liquid to add, as well as if I needed to add a protein to it (like bacon).  Today, I grabbed a baggie that said "+liquid," meaning, add any liquid you like.

So, I decided to add my cup of coffee.  Because yesterday morning, during a management meeting for a hobby radio station, I thought, wouldn't it just be easier to make a smoothie with coffee?!  I know it's possible...

Just because something is possible, does not mean it is a good idea.

Back to the smoothie.  The baggie indicated that there was 1 bunch of spinach, 1 bunch of kale, a handful of walnuts, and + bacon, + liquid.  I filled my smoothi container to the appropriate line for liquid, stuffed my veggies and walnuts in, then added my one strip of bacon.  Blend!

I don't think I've ever tasted anything quite like this.  It was like drinking coffee (Don Francisco's Vanilla Nut coffee, specifically) with a very bland salad.  On top of that, it didn't mix well.  It's very...separated.  So, I thought maybe I could tone down the bitter taste by adding coconut cream (since that is, apparently, what I have in my fridge).  That really didn't go my way, either.

Not everything is going to be perfect, and that's okay.  Life is a series of adventures, strung together to help us get the most experience for our time.  We'll see what dinner brings!  Maybe something tasty.  I'll have to re-visit the coffee smoothie thing, sometime.  It seems a good idea...

No comments:

Post a Comment