Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Fish 'n' Chips

Okay, so I'm sorry I've not posted for a couple days.  It's not that I haven't eaten anything; it's more that I have discovered a new allergy in a rather...explosive...way.

White fish.

This makes me very sad since I really do enjoy fish 'n' chips!  But, no more!  I think my husbeast said I had about 45 minutes of power vomiting on Monday night, after dinner.  So, there's that mental image.  You're welcome.

I'm still going to give you our recipe for the fish, though.  It's very tasty and it works well for chicken tenders, too.  We had traditional chips with dinner; if you want to keep it paleo/primal, then go for sweet potato fries, instead.

I don't have pictures of this meal.  I don't think I want to be reminded of this meal, either.  So, you'll have to imagine it.  I've been drinking liquid salads for the past couple days, trying to regain energy and keep my stomach from doing more backflips.  I apologize for the lack of good recipes.

So, here's a great recipe that you can use with chicken, too!

Fish 'n' Chips (GF)

1lbs white fish (we used sole) or chicken pieces
2T coconut oil
2c. almond flour or gluten free panko bread crumbs
2c. grated Parmesan cheese
1/4c. ground black pepper
salt to taste

1.  Heat a large skillet over medium heat with about 2T of coconut oil.
2.  Mix about half the amount of your dry ingredients together and dredge as much of your fish or chicken as you can. 
3.  Fry up your fish or chicken to your desired doneness.  If you still have more to fry and you're low on mix, get the rest of it together and repeat.

NOTE:  You can take the chicken piece and put them on skewers and bake them.  I think you'd pre-heat the oven to 350*F then bake them for 30minutes.  I'll double check with the husbeast on that one.  Either way, these are very tasty!

Before anyone points out there is cheese in this recipe and, therefore, what I could be reacting to, this is a recipe we use all the time for chicken.  I had a reaction back in January to some tilapia, as well, that didn't have any cheese or even grain-based spices on it.  So, I'm pretty sure it was the fish and not the other ingredients.

Regardless, do enjoy this one!  It's quick, simple, and quite tasty...at least the first time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment